he participants will have the opportunity to participate in 10-day intensive classes and workshops, which will cover the basic spectrum of film making, from the conception of an idea, to the logistics of production and distribution. - Students will learn the skills need to tell stories through Film. - Will meet like-minded people while networking, collaborate on projects, share ideas and experiences. The film making classes will be held by a pool of international creative experts with fresh and innovative ideas and years of experience in the film and audiovisual industries.
Following the Film Academy sessions, the students will have the opportunity to attend the 13th International Amorgos Film Festival, participating in all screening, presentations, speeches, as well as recreational activities and tours around the island of Amorgos. The short films created by the participants during the Academy will compete at the Festival for a first, second, and third prize.
This is a wonderful opportunity for passionate people to combine film making training with an incredibly inspiring location which can serve as a source of endless inspiration! Amorgos Film Academy is the ideal choice to bring such dreams into realization, and give life to creative ideas, inspired by the powerful positive energy of Amorgos Island.
The team of Amorgos Film Academy professors includes:
● Laurence Koe – Producer & Director
● Kostas Skiftas - Film Director
● Bill Kyrou - Narrative Storytelling
● Kostas Karydas - Post-production & Visual Effects
● Konstantinos Moutsinas - Film Production
● Andreas Labropoulos- Cinematography
● Aristarchos Papadaniil - Animation
● Evagelos Tzoumanekas - Film and Photography
The participation fee for the 5th Amorgos Film Academy and 13th Amorgos Film Festival is:
● 1.415 € per student sharing a triple Superior room
● 1.525€ per student in a luxury Junior Suite shared by 4 students
● 1.565€ per student sharing a double Superior room
● 1.865€ per student in a double Superior room for single
Rates include the following:
● Accommodation in 5* Aegialis Hotel & Spa
● 3 Meals per day
● Tours and cultural activities in Amorgos